History Research Environment is a community project to create a free and open source platform-independent application for the serious or professional historical researcher. The goal is to create a software application (‘HRE’) that can be used equally effectively in a wide variety of historical research contexts, including but not limited to genealogical research.
History Research Environment Limited
History Research Environment Limited is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales. Its purpose is to provide a central vehicle for any legal matters. It holds project funds and acts as the signatory for any project contracts. The directors are:
- Chairperson: Robin Lamacraft (Adelaide, Australia) retired CSIRO consultant statistician and software engineer
- Secretary: Don Ferguson (Melbourne, Australia) IT consultant
- Treasurer: Elmar Toime (London, UK) ex CEO New Zealand Post, now consultant•
- Intellectual Property: Michael Maggs, (London, UK) retired IP lawyer, Wikimedian
- Alliances: John Lucas (Seaford, Delaware, USA), retired, with corporate experience in services, software engineering, IT, finance and legal, most recently at HP.
The board wishes to include others who have expertise in other history-related or cultural heritage disciplines. If you are interested, please contact us.