The HRE project is a complex undertaking and requires access to volunteers from a wide variety of areas. Our need at this stage is for skilled volunteers to help us design and write HRE, and to manage our community. If you see yourself as a potential end-user, but aren’t able to volunteer at this point, please keep in touch by joining our mailing list and making a donation.
If you would like to volunteer your time and have skills in any of the areas listed below please let us know now!
- Java and Swing programming
- Jython / Python programming
- use of Eclipse IDE as development platform
- Java database programming (H2)
- SQL database design
- GUI design
- Object Oriented design of features and services
- Client-Server design
- Project Management
- Software Development Team Leaders
- Quality compliance management
- GitHub management
- Standard Case Testing (regression and unit)
- Volunteer Beta Testing (user data sets)
Technical writing, translation and graphic design
- Button Icons
- Wiki content oversight (MediaWiki)
Volunteer community communication
- Open Source community management experience
- Mailing Lists
- Website content (WordPress)
- Media, Publicity and Events
- Outreach to possible user and organizations
Research Area expertise
- We welcome approaches from academics and private researchers with expertise in specific areas of historical or genealogical research to help us ensure that HRE is flexible enough to cover as many specialist areas as possible.
To express an interest in volunteering, or to seek more information, please contact us.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not yet ready to accept volunteers for beta-testing. If you would like to be notified when we are ready for beta testing, please keep in touch by joining our mailing list and making a donation.
Please see our disclaimer.